Sunday, June 5, 2016

Week 1 - Success? Maybe.

I tried. Not sure I succeeded, but I tried!



Sunday was "Soapy Sunday".
I made these adorable lip balms. They were made inside these little coin purses. One is flavored with margarita, and the other with pina colada. Yum.
These little purses are crazy adorable and I can't wait to see how they sell at my show in 2 weeks.


Monday was "Makeup Monday".
Since I am not a seasoned makeup artist and I am not used to doing tutorials, I just shared my favorite mascaras and lip products.
Here they are!
I applied the Rimmel Scandaleyes on my lashes to show how good a drug store mascara can be!!
Pretty good for one coat!! 

Tuesday was "Try it Tuesday". I made a wool dryer ball. I pretty much hated every minute of it. My hands kept cramping up when trying to roll it tightly and the ball kept falling out of my hand and unraveling. But I didn't give up and finally ended up with a good product!
In case you are wondering, you use these in the dryer instead of dryer sheets to help with cling and also to decrease your drying time. I am happy with the result, but I don't see myself adding this to my product line. I was literally sweating!!!!

Wednesday was "Wet Nails Wednesday". I talked about my history of nail biting and how I finally quit. I talked about it a lot in my last post here as well. After talking about how I did it, I then did a manicure with Essie's "High Class Affair" color. I thought they came out pretty nice!

Thursday was "Thirsty Thursday". I attempted to make one of my favorite drinks - the Thai iced tea.
I went to the Asian grocery store and bought Thai tea and brewed it with some cardamom and star anise. I added my sugar straight to the hot tea mixture. Then, when it cooled, I poured it over ice and then added some fat free half and half. It was just "okay". The flavors were right, but it just didn't taste rich enough. I know that in restaurants, they use sweetened condensed milk or real cream instead of the fat free stuff, but I was trying to lighten things up. Next time I will try it with the sweetened condensed milk for sure.

And finally, Friday was "Foodie Friday". This was probably my favorite day this week. I am a chef, but most of the food I make for my food business is more day to day food and the same goes for the meals I make for my family. It was fun to make something a little more fancy for a change.
I made a mushroom and kale risotto. So so yummy! The mushrooms came from the same Asian market where I got the Thai tea. And the kale came from my own garden! I am looking forward to stepping up my game for next week!

All in all, I had fun and it was cool to hear the feedback from my snapchat followers as I went along.

If you joined me on snapchat all week, thank you so much! If not, add me and join me this week!!



Please follow me anywhere and everywhere!
www.thesoapychef.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/thesoapychef
www.instagram.com/the_soapy_chef
snapchat: https://www.snapchat.com/add/soapychef
Twitter: www.twitter.com/thesoapychef
YouTube: https://goo.gl/bEur1Q

No comments:

Post a Comment